It’s difficult to remember a time before digital and content marketing. Thankfully, those days are long gone. Nowadays, we have the ability to reach and engage target audiences through various online channels such as website, social media, and email.
It’s no surprise that digital and content marketing have become so popular, they offer cost-effective and measurable ways to increase ROI. And it’s not just for B2C, B2B brands can also benefit from this.
With technologies like Account-Based Advertising and IP targeting, B2B brands can now display their ads in front of their target audience as they navigate the web. It’s an exciting time to be in the world of marketing.
IP targeting & Account-Based Advertising in practice
So how do IP targeting and Account-Based Advertising work in the real world? Let’s say a B2B software brand wants to aim its marketing efforts at enterprise-level companies in the finance industry. Using IP targeting, the brand can deliver targeted ads and content to the people working in the exact companies they want to target as they browse the web. This significantly increases the likelihood that they will engage with the brand’s products or services in the future.
How this differs from B2C programmatic advertising is that instead of focusing on a set of individuals with shared demographics, Account-Based Advertising targets specific companies. Using information like company name, industry and size, B2B marketers can use IP targeting to place ads and content in front of companies that match their ideal customer profile. This allows B2B marketers to reach decision makers and influencers within that specific company, increasing the chances of closing a deal.
5 ways B2B marketers can use IP Targeting & Account-Based Advertising
- Reduce bottlenecks and deal losses in longer sales cycles – In B2B, sales cycles can be notoriously long and it can be very disheartening when a lot of time and effort leads to a lost or stagnant deal. Account-Based Advertising and IP targeting can increase visibility, attention and engagement within key accounts that are moving through their sales cycle.
- Optimise your content strategy – Another use for IP targeting and Account-Based Advertising is that you can monitor and analyse how your target accounts are responding to your ads. Find out which ad messaging resonates with different types of accounts. Or what imagery generates the most engagement. The more you learn and optimise, the shorter and more successful your sales cycles will be.
- Personalise your messaging – Whether your Account-Based Marketing strategy is 1:1, 1:Few or 1:Many, it gives you the opportunity to tailor your campaigns to your target accounts. While 1:1 campaigns can be personalised to the exact requirements of the account being targeted, 1:few and 1:many campaigns can take common criteria like industry, business requirement or region to provide a suitably personalised experience.
- Share contextual data with sales – The more information your sales team has about a particular target account, the better prepared they will be for their outreach and conversion efforts. Knowing which companies are visiting your website, what messaging resonates with their employees or even what products they’re interested in will give your sales team the intelligence they need to close deals faster and more consistently.
- Nurture companies before they make first contact – A common mistake marketers make when using IP targeting and Account-Based Advertising is that they wait until an account shows interest before starting to communicate with them. Instead, you should start building your brand with your entire list of target accounts from the start, whether they’ve visited your website yet or not.
Ensure B2B marketing success with IP targeting and Account-Based Advertising
IP targeting and Account-Based Advertising are powerful strategies that allow B2B companies to identify and target specific companies, delivering relevant ads and content, which is proven to increase conversions.
If you want to learn more about how IP targeting and Account-Based Advertising can benefit your B2B marketing efforts, book a demo here. We’re happy to provide more information and answer any questions you may have.